Here’s something we stumbled across and wanted to share with folks who aren’t yet Delta Million Milers.
There’s an active page on Delta.com (for now) where people can register for lifetime Delta Silver Medallion status. (Actually, it’s “annual” because the word “lifetime” wording gets dicey for the airline.)
To be 100% honest: we’re guessing the offer is somewhat outdated. The invitation allows Flying Colonels to claim annual Silver Medallion status. Flying Colonel is sort of akin to Delta 360 now. (I’ve read stories about how someone had to nominate you, a Delta rep took you out for coffee or lunch and gave you a plaque, and all sorts of exciting stuff.) Plus, it mentions perks related to Y, B, and M fares. (Fare class was essential for upgrades back in the days before Delta changed its upgrade priority to a status-first system.)
Update: based on comments we’re receiving, it appears the promotion is, indeed, done-zo.
So, Why Bother?!
I can hear people tapping and clicking on their social media programs to write, “CLICK BAIT!”
Hang on just a darn second.
Keep in mind this Delta IT we’re talking about.
- Remember how some Medallions didn’t get free drink coupons and others got too many?
- Fun fact: when I hit my Delta Amex MQD waiver and requalified for 2024 Medallion status, I received, like, eight (8) more.
- Or how about expiring but hidden Delta airfare credit?
- How about pre-ordering meals when flying First Class?
- Isn’t phantom upgrade space frustrating?
- My wife and I — and plenty more Delta Amex cardholders — didn’t like having to wait for MQD Waiver totals to update in a timely fashion. (Especially before a recent trip.)
- And that’s when the MQD Waiver numbers are not entirely wiped out.
Glitches and mistakes can happen. We wonder if some folks in our reading audience will somehow qualify for lifetime annual Delta Silver Medallion status through registering. (Plus, there’s always the chance an old Flying Colonel abandoned the program and happens to be reading the blog today.)
Here is the page. (Exit row seats and Main Cabin 1 boarding for life, baby!)
Remember, Million Milers get lifetime annual Delta Silver Medallion status, so there’s no point in them registering. I tried with my family members and had no luck.
Maybe you’ll slip through the cracks. The upside: you become an annual Silver Medallion today. Downside: you spent two minutes reading this post and registering for the promotion all for naught. Sorry.
If you score lifetime Silver through this promotion, would you please let us know in the Comments section below? We’re genuinely interested!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.