We’re not even a month into the new Delta Air Lines SkyMiles 2025 program and the carrier is running a status-earning promotion.
Many of us know Delta announced huge changes to its frequent flyer program in September. But its CEO soon went into damage-control mode, prior to some revisions announced a few weeks later.
Long story short: earning Delta Medallion (elite) status is now strictly about how much you spend flying on the airline (and/or its partners…).
But Delta — bless them — loves a good promotion. The airline sent an email announcing this offer:
- ENROLL: Enroll in the promotion before February 1st by logging in with your SkyMiles® number.
- BOOK & FLY: Book your trip on select flights to and from the Pacific Northwest before February 1st
- Earn 10% more MQDs on Main Cabin tickets
- Earn 20% more MQDs on Premium Cabin tickets, including First Class and Comfort+
ENJOY: Enjoy your flight between February 2nd and March 15th and earn more MQDs
Eligible flights can either arrive from the United States 50 to these destinations or depart from:
- Seattle (SEA)
- Boise (BOI)
- Eugene (EUG)
- Spokane (GEG)
- Medford (MFR)
- Portland (PDX)
- Pasco/Tri-Cities (PSC)
- Redmond (RDM)
Delta Can’t Quit the PNW
The Pacific Northwest seems like the prom date Delta can’t get over.
- Delta and Alaska Airlines had an interesting relationship.
- Delta offers Seattle Seahawks fans discounts and priority boarding.
Is Delta avenging some elites playing the status match game with Alaska? Is Avelo making a dent in the market? (Stranger things have happened…)
Maybe this is a litmus test for other markets. Do you think we’ll see similar promotions?
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.