Want to enjoy some MQM and BBQ during a Saturday? This run could be for you.
This Delta elite mileage run earns 5065 MQM. It prices out to $177 in Basic E (3.4 CPM) and $244 in Main Cabin (4.8 CPM). Personally, I’d spend extra bucks and get myself a good, comfortable seat (and a shot at upgrades). This one involves a rather fun but long day.
Routing goes like this: LAX-MSP-DFW-ATL-LAX
The trip departs Los Angeles (LAX) late night Friday, December 6/early morning Saturday, December 7. Connect through Minneapolis (MSP) and arrive at DFW at 11:41 AM.
Your first return flight doesn’t leave until 5:45 PM — which gives you plenty of time to enjoy a BBQ lunch at Hard Eight BBQ in nearby Coppell (read Rene’s review here). It’s about a 10 minute Uber or Lyft ride from the airport.
If you’d rather enjoy some airport appreciation time, remember DFW has a great American Express Centurion Lounge (yay!) but you won’t be allowed in until 2:45 PM (boo!). You can also hang out at THE Club DFW, a Priority Pass lounge — but also won’t be allowed in until 2:45. Until then, you can kick it at the underwhelming DFW Sky Club.
The trip back to LAX starts with a 5:45 PM hop to Atlanta. The ATL to LAX flight lands in Los Angeles at 11:59 PM.
Plenty of lounges where you can enjoy complimentary lounge access during this run, providing you have Sky Club membership (but why?), or one of these cards:
- LAX Delta Sky Club at T2 (Review)
- LAX Delta Sky Club at T3 (Review)
- LAX Delta Sky Club at T3 Satellite (Images)
- MSP Delta Sky Club at F/G Concourses (with updates)
- MSP Delta Sky Club C Concourse
- Escape Lounge (Platinum Card® from American Express and Business Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders only)
- Atlanta A concourse Center Delta Sky Club Review
- Atlanta A concourse Near A17 Delta Sky Club Review
- Atlanta B concourse Delta Sky Club Review
- Atlanta C concourse Near C37 Delta Sky Club Review
- Atlanta D concourse Near D12 Delta Sky Club Review
- Atlanta D concourse Near D27 Delta Sky Club Review
- Atlanta E concourse Delta Sky Club Review
- Atlanta F International concourse Delta Sky Club Review
- Atlanta T concourse Near T6 Delta Sky Club Review
Don’t Live in Los Angeles?
If you don’t live in LA, don’t fret. You can position in on Friday afternoon or evening, take the run, and stay overnight at one of the nearby airport hotels within walking distance. (Personally, I suggest the Hyatt Regency LAX, which qualifies for the World of Hyatt credit card‘s annual free night.) Then head home on Sunday.
You can also contact the mileage run staff at Juicy Miles; they’ll find a run from your home base.
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your airfare purchases!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.