The trips are currently priced as low as $594 and in Aeromexico business class. Some itineraries include flights the on 787 Dreamliner (read Rene’s reviews of the 787-8 and 787-9).
(I also blogged a run from LAX to SDQ. Read about it now.)
Many dates give you the option to either get right back on the plane in SDQ or stay a few days.
The general routing is JFK-MEX-SDQ-MEX-JFK.
The trip is estimated to travel 8,018 miles. So because of how Delta awards partner travel when you credit it to your SkyMiles account, this trip will earn you:
- $3214 MQD
- 12,054 MQM (@ 4.9 CPM — that’s decent for a coach run. VERY NICE for business class!)
- 16,036 base SkyMiles (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
As usual, these are Y-UP fares. There have been, in the past, some issues with getting correct credit with Y-UPs from AeroMexico. All data points suggest this problem has been fixed — but be sure to save all your boarding passes and follow these steps to make sure you get correct credit!
Here’s a sample itinerary with no overnight stay required:
Itineraries involving an overnight in MEX:
There are other options with overnights in Monterrey, as well. Not sure that’s worth the extra time and money for a few MQD and MQM but if you need a few days away, there you go.
If you stay overnight in MEX, you may consider staying at the Hilton Mexico City Airport, which is at Terminal 1. (You can help support the blog by booking with our Hilton link offering free breakfast and hotel credit at properties in Mexico — thank you!) Hilton also is available through Be Frugal and Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates).
This (and most Aeromexico) run goes through Mexico City, which has a Centurion Lounge (read Rene’s review). So if you don’t yet have a Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply) or Business Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply) to get you into the Centurion Lounge, now would be a great time to consider applying.
Get Into the Lounge!
<– Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply)
<– Business Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply)
There are a ton of dates available in September and October to help with your 2020 Delta Medallion Status. Then you can get a jump start on 2021’s Medallion year in January, February, and one date in March!
The deal is available on Aeromexico.com.
Get Travel Insurance and a Card that Protects You
While we all love earning 5X on purchases made directly with airlines when paying with the Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply), consider using one of these cards that come with Chase’s travel interruption coverage:
Chase Ink Business Preferred Card (3x on travel, up to $150,000 in combined purchases each anniversary year)
Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel, $300 annual travel credit and Priority Pass membership)
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Remember our friend Adam and his Juicy Miles team will construct a personalized mileage run for you!
- Don’t miss a single run.
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card(learn how to apply) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (no access to Delta Sky Clubs)
Other Santo Domingo Runs We’ve Posted Today
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.