If you’re in (or can get to) the New York area on December 6, I found an MQD run on AeroMexico that may interest you.
It’s a business class “I” fare bookable directly on Aeromexico.com and costs $1476. The trip leaves at 5:00 PM Friday night, December 6, connects in Mexico City (where you might visit the MEX Centurion Lounge) and arrives in Lima at 6:45 AM on Saturday morning. You have a few hours to see sights in Lima before your 4:45 PM return flight. Connect through Mexico City again and arrive JFK at 5:35 AM Sunday.
The unofficial miles calculator tells us this route yields 9444 miles.
Based on that, you’ll earn:
- $3777 MQD
- 14,166 MQM (@ 10.4 CPM)
- 18,888 Base SkyMiles (plus medallion bonus – Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
There are a few other dates that work with overnight stays, as well. And a few days are almost $20 cheaper; the reason I posted this specific run was for those who need weekend runs and can sneak away from work on a Friday afternoon. If you can take more time off Friday, you can depart sooner and enjoy a 787 Dreamliner one leg of the trip (René reviewed the 787-8 and 787-9 on the blog).
There have been, in the past, some issues with getting correct credit with “Y-UP” fares from AeroMexico. All data points suggest this problem has been fixed but be sure to save all your boarding passes and follow these steps to make sure you get correct credit!
Most Aeromexico runs go through Mexico City — so if you don’t yet have a Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply) or Business Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply) to get you into the Centurion Lounge, now would be a great time to consider applying.
Consider our friend Adam for help constructing a personalized mileage run that suits your needs and convenience!
- Don’t miss a single run.
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card(learn how to apply) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply)
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (learn how to apply)
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (learn how to apply)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (no access to Delta Sky Clubs)
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.