Remember a few months ago when airlines used low prices to lure people back onto planes?
Perhaps you’ve noticed that many airfares have climbed since then. And climbed.
And maybe climbed some more. People want to travel — and airlines are adjusting their prices.
Hopper’s Adit Damodaran reports, “We’re expecting round-trip domestic airfare to climb 4% in May after already rising 12% since April, totaling a 16% increase heading into the summer.”
Prices should peak sometime in late June or right around the Fourth of July.
“From there, it should fall ~$30 heading into September, before rising 10% into October prior to fall and Thanksgiving travel,” he says.
International airfare prices have risen 8% since April, he says, and will likely go up another 3% before cresting in late June.
As we have been helping lots of RenesPoints readers book these [JFK to Madrid] Mileage Runs, we have been seeing Aeromexico re-adjust fares on many dates significantly upward. Since we use two licensed travel agents to support our Mileage Run system, we have access to see inventory (seat & fare class) availability. As we can see, Aeromexico is incrementally beginning to close the door on many dates.
So, if you are on the fence, this may be the last opportunity for some of these great Mileage Run fares.
Book now if you see something good!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.