Want to take a business class mileage run to Amsterdam in lie-flat seats?
If you have about $2000, you can do it — and reap more than three times that amount in Delta MQD thanks to this AeroMexico trip from Vancouver, BC!
We’re seeing prices for $2747.36 CAD — which converts to about $2081.40 USD. The trip travels 16,460 miles (according to the Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator). So because of how Delta awards partner travel when you credit it to your SkyMiles account, this trip is estimated to earn you $6534 MQD and 24,690 MQM!
The trip travels YVR-MEX-AMS-MEX-YVR. Flights between Mexico City are Amsterdam are scheduled on 787-900s — with lie-flat seats!
As with most AeroMexico runs we post, these are Y-UP fares. There have been, in the past, some issues with getting correct credit with Y-UPs from AeroMexico. Data points suggest this problem has been fixed — but be sure to save all your boarding passes and follow these steps to make sure you get correct credit!
Just a heads-up: the return layover is a little brutal. It might be worth getting a room at an airport hotel.
- Cost: $2,747.36 CAN / ~ $2081.40 USD
- Dates: Varies.
- Route: YVR-MEX-AMS-MEX-YVR
- MQM: 24,690 MQM (8.4 CPM)
- MQD: $6534
- Base SkyMiles: 32,920 (plus applicable Medallion bonus)
Prices are published in Canadian dollars. Use a credit card that doesn’t charge foreign transaction fees. (Most travel cards worth their salt waive foreign transaction fees.)
- Here’s a Google Flights link to start your search. If you want to stay a few days, play with the dates and see what you can find.
- The trip is bookable on Aeromexico.com. If you can’t find seats on Aeromexico’s site, however, begin your search at JustFly, which earns $16 through Top Cashback.
- Or if this is your first rodeo and you’re (understandably) a little gunshy, the Juicy Miles mileage run team can do the heavy lifting.
This (and most Aeromexico) run goes through Mexico City, which has a Centurion Lounge (read Rene’s review). So if you don’t yet have a Platinum Card® from American Express or Business Platinum Card® from American Express to get you into the Centurion Lounge, now would be a great time to consider applying.
Get Into the Lounge!
<– Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply)
<– Business Platinum Card® from American Express (learn how to apply)
Find More Mileage Runs!
Can’t get to Vancouver? Need something more?
You’re in luck.
Juicy Miles has a Delta expert who will personally handle your request — and craft the most ideal mileage run solution around your parameters.
Or if you need a mileage run or award booking for another airline, Juicy Miles can help with those requests, too!
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your airfare purchases!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE mileage run email alerts!
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.