The hits just keep on coming for China Eastern (MU) business class trips from New York’s JFK!
This JFK to Jakarta run is estimated to nab $8083 Delta MQD, 33,044 MQM, and more than 40,000 SkyMiles! (Thank you, FNT Delta Diamond, for tipping us off!)
And the price is great.
I found it on Expedia for just $1825.25. (Matrix shows prices for about $50 more — but still a fantastic deal).
That’s a 440% MQD return and 5.5 CPM on the MQM when you credit the trip to your Delta Air Lines SkyMiles account.
Plus, you get to enjoy a night and full day in Jakarta.
- Cost: $1825.25
- Dates: See calendar below
- Route: JFK-PVG-CGK-PVG-JFK
- Class: China Eastern I between JFK and PVG. China Eastern J between PVG and CGK.
- Miles Flown (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 20,208
- MQD (est): $8083.20 (because China Eastern’s I and J classes earn 40% of mileage flown)
- MQM: (est): 33,044 (5.5 CPM)
- SkyMiles (est): 40,416 (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
Readers CarolK and Peter — who’ve completed China Eastern mileage runs — both pointed out in another post that you do not need a China Visa to connect through Shanghai as long as you’re going to a third country.
Where to Book
China Eastern’s website usually won’t give you a great shopping experience.
My pal Carol generally has success through Travelocity, Momondo, and JustFly. (You can earn up to $16 cashback on JustFly if you start your purchase through TopCashback.) I’ve also had luck finding runs on Expedia.
Our friend Adam (who was featured along with René in the Washington Post a few weeks ago) has a team of people dedicated to finding and booking mileage runs. Get in touch with them for help booking this mileage run — or have them create something especially for you. They’re the best.
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your airfare purchases!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Cover photo: ©iStock.com/Roman Skorzus
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.