Need (a lot of) MQD to make Diamond Medallion status? Want to go from zero to Platinum hero in just a few days? You’ll be very interested in this China Eastern business class mileage run from JFK to Sydney!
I found it available for one set of dates only: Monday, November 25 – Thursday, November 28.
Depart Monday afternoon at 3:25 PM — plenty of time to put in a half-day of work or take a positioning trip to JFK.
This run is a lot of time flying — but you’ll have business class, lie-flat seats to help make the trip a little more comfortable.
You have an eight-hour layover in Sydney. There is an American Express Lounge at the airport. Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders enjoy complimentary admission.
You arrive JFK at 1:25 PM on Thanksgiving. So you could possibly make holiday dinner plans for that night.
Here’s how it breaks down:
- Cost: $2861.45 (via Expedia)
- Dates: Depart November 25
- Route: JFK-PVG-SYD-PVG-JFK
- Class: China Eastern “I”
- Miles Flown (estimated via Expedia): 24,512
- MQD (est): $9804 (because China Eastern “I” class earns 40% of mileage flown)
- MQM: (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 36,682 MQM (7.8 CPM)
- SkyMiles (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 51,857 (plus Medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
I found the fare available through Expedia. Earn $2.50 cashback by starting at TopCashback and then clicking through to Expedia from there. (It may also be on Travelocity — who rewards $2.75 cashback on TopCashback.)
You might also begin your search at Momondo, which checks a bunch of OTAs.
Remember to credit the trip to your Delta SkyMiles account!
The run is also available through Amex Travel — for $2939.45. If you hold the American Express Business Platinum Card and want to take advantage of the 35% Pay with Points rebate, this may be a better option for you. Keep in mind that Platinum Card® from American Express and American Express Business Platinum Card earn 5X when purchasing through Amex Travel. You won’t receive those earnings purchasing through Expedia, Travelocity, or another OTA.
Is This Run Too Much for you?
Maybe this run is overkill for your MQD needs. Perhaps it’s too expensive. Maybe you can’t get to New York.
Or you don’t want to spend that much time flying.
Contact the mileage run team at Juicy Miles. They’ll construct a personalized mileage run that suits your needs and convenience!
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a card giving you bonus points on your airfare purchases!!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Cover photo: ©iStock.com/PhotoAllel. Rene’s Points composite.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.