Here’s another big find for those needing big MQM and MQD before year’s end: Seattle (SEA) to Johannesburg (JNB) in Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy!
This VS K-class fare is projected to earn 31,276 MQM and a big $6255 Delta MQD!
The trip departs on Friday evening, December 6. You return to Seattle on Monday, December 9 (after leaving from Johannesburg late on Sunday night, December 8).
There are options to leave Seattle on Thursday or Saturday and stay a night in JNB if you want more time to explore the city.
The run currently costs $1912.15 — but can jump most Delta status levels in one weekend. Even if you have no status on Delta, this would catapult you to Silver Elite.
Here are the stats:
- Cost: $1912.15
- Departure Date: Friday, December 6
- Arrival Date: Sunday, December 8
- Route: SEA-LHR-JNB
- Return Departure Date: Sunday, December 8
- Return Arrival Date: Monday, December 9
- Route: JNB-LHR-SEA
- Miles Flown (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 20,850
- MQD (est): $6255 (as Virgin Atlantic’s Premium Economy earns 30% of mileage flown when credited to your Delta SkyMiles account)
- MQM: (est): 31,276 MQM (6.1 CPM)
- SkyMiles (est): 31,276 (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
Book through Virgin Atlantic and credit to your Delta SkyMiles account. (See Rene’s post that explains why and how.)
Here’s the itinerary :
If you don’t live in Seattle but want to take advantage of this run, consider positioning to/from the Emerald City.
Remember, too, that the Juicy Miles team can create a custom run for you.
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your travel purchases!
- 5X on The Platinum Card® from American Express (<– LINK) when using your card to purchase airfare directly from airlines
- 3X with the Chase Sapphire Reserve® (<– LINK)– which also comes with an annual $300 travel credit
- 3X on the Chase Ink Business Preferred Card (<– LINK) (3X on the first $150,000 combined spend in categories — such as travel — each anniversary year)
- 3X with the American Express® Gold Card (<– LINK) when using your card to purchase airfare directly from airlines
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Cover image of Nelson Mandela Bridge in Johannesburg: ©iStock.com/demerzel21
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Just what the doctor ordered. Wish I could take it though to get DM!
Thanks for the mileage run. Quick question, do you know if you need to get any specific shots/immunizations for this trip? I have been checking online and there are mixed opinions.
@Sandy: No idea. Consult your doctor or check with the US embassy there?
Sandy, I’ve been to South Africa twice in the past three years, most recently in May this year and the topic of immunizations never came up when entering SA. If arriving from the US, and connecting in Europe I don’t think there is any requirement for immunizations when entering SA. However, if arriving from some other countries, there may be.
Any idea why Google flights apparently does not display Virgin Atlantic flights? (and certainly does not display them under the Skyteam setting.
@Bernard: I found them under SkyTeam when I was looking earlier today. Maybe the flights aren’t available?