Jump on this right now if you’re interested in scoring over $6600 MQD and 33,135 MQM. Very few tickets remain at this price for this Los Angeles (LAX) to Johannesburg, South Africa (JNB) mileage run.
Like the JFK to JNB run we posted yesterday, this is a long weekend jaunt from November 15 to November 18 in Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy. It also gives you several hours to explore Johannesburg or enjoy some airport appreciation.
Here’s how it breaks down:
- Cost: $1865.23
- Departure Date: Friday, November 15 (3:00 PM or 7:20 PM)
- Arrival Date: Sunday, November 17
- Route: LAX-LHR-JNB
- Return Departure Date: Sunday, November 17 (a couple of different evening departures from which to choose)
- Return Arrival Date: Monday, November 18
- Route: JNB-LHR-LAX
- Miles Flown (estimated via Unofficial SkyMiles Calculator): 22,090
- MQD (est): $6627 (as Virgin Atlantic’s Premium Economy earns 30% of mileage flown)
- MQM: (est): 33,135 MQM (5.6 CPM)
- SkyMiles (est): 33,135 base (plus medallion bonus: Diamond + 120%; Platinum + 80%; Gold + 60%; Silver + 40%)
Here’s a sample itinerary:
Lounge Access at LAX
Delta Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Medallions: you should have access to the LAX T2 SkyClub, as you’re SkyTeam Elite Plus and flying an international itinerary.
Yes, the LAX Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse is open to Priority Pass members — but only during certain times. It likely will be limited to Upper Class passengers only when you’re at LAX for this trip. So just meander across the mezzanine and visit the SkyClub.
In the meantime, consider our friend Adam for help constructing a personalized mileage run that suits your needs and convenience!
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your airfare purchases!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Cover image photo: ©iStock.com/Ryan_Fire_Starter_James
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.