If you travel on Delta Air Lines with some frequency and would like to save money bringing a companion with you on a trip, then you might be interested in the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card.
Current Welcome Offer: Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on your new card within six (6) months of being approved for card membership. (Terms apply.) Learn here how to apply.
Card Type: American Express
What Kind of Points/Miles the Card Earns: Delta SkyMiles
Annual Fee: $250 (Rates and fees; terms apply)
Additional Cardholders: $0. (Rates and fees; terms apply)
Foreign Transaction Fees: $0 (Rates and fees; terms apply)
- 3X on eligible purchases made with Delta Air Lines
- 3X on purchases made directly with hotels
- 2X at restaurants worldwide (including takeout and delivery in the United States)
- 2X at U.S. supermarkets
- 1X on all other eligible purchases
Delta SkyMiles Medallion Status Boost
Earn 10,000 bonus MQM each time you spend $25,000 during a calendar year. The most Status Boost MQM you can receive with this card is 20,000 MQM ($50,000 spent during a calendar year). Terms apply. Please note: this benefit will no longer be available as of January 1, 2024. There will be a new way to earn toward Medallion Status with the Card. Learn more at delta.com/
Airport Lounge Access
Delta Sky Clubs
- Primary cardholders may access Delta Sky Clubs for $50 per visit when traveling on a Delta-marketed and -operated flight. Up to two guests may accompany the cardholder for up to $50 each. Terms apply. Please note that this feature will no longer be available as of January 1, 2024.
Spend $25,000 on this — or across any of your eligible Delta Amexes, provided you hold a Platinum or Reserve card — and don’t worry about the MQD requirements for Silver, Gold, or Platinum Medallion. Terms apply. Please note: this benefit will no longer be available as of January 1, 2024. There will be a new way to earn toward Medallion Status with the Card. Learn more at delta.com/
Beginning the second year of holding the card, you’ll receive upon renewal a certificate for a free (except for taxes and fees) companion coach qualifying fare on Delta. Read our Companion Certificate FAQ. Terms apply.
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck Fee Credit
Receive a statement credit for your Global Entry application fee every four years or TSA PreCheck application fee every 4.5 years when paying with your Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card. Enrollment required. Terms apply.
Delta Travel Perks
- Free first checked bag for you and up to eight others on your itinerary/PNR
- 20% statement credit on purchases made aboard Delta Air Lines flights (premium food, beverages, headsets, etc)
- Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding
- Pay with Miles eligibility
- Terms apply.
Who Do We Think Should Carry This Card?
Frequent-ish Delta flyers who would enjoy the Delta travel perks and companion certificate.
For rates and fees of Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card, please visit this link.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.