I really hope tonight’s super bowl is a good game and not a blowout. All my favorite teams are out so I really don’t care who wins just that it is fun to watch and a few of the commercials are giggle worthy. But before the game a look back at last week on EotF:
- My wife and I were looking for a decent hotel, with a free airport shuttle and a pool near Miami MIA airport, so we choose the Element Hotel MIA airport location. We paid with points. It was a mistake. Take a look at this ugly hotel.
- Rules keep changing on what cards will get you in to the Delta Sky Clubs. What cards will get you in for 2024? Are you limited this year as to how many times you can enter? Chris covers it this week.
- One of the things Delta is well known for is what we call the “mighty schedule change” rule. Oh and Delta changes flights or flight times almost every Saturday of the year. For me recently one of these changes resulted in a free 1st class seat. A glitch or a new perk? You decide.
- No one “likes” paying more for travel card fees but if you are a Delta flyer, under the new rules for 2024, you just about have to hold some kind of Delta Amex to be rewarded. So are the new perks the cards give worth the price jump to hold the cards? The math is interesting.
- Our new author here on EotF Charlie, who knows a thing or two about what goes on behind the curtain in aviation, explains how pilots stay connected to the ground in the air. For example, I had no idea they could make phone calls and that they cost $15 per minute – Yikes!
- Lastly Amex is really doing everything to get us to apply for a new card with HUGE bonus offers. I speculated, a while back, both that fees would go up but at the same time new card offers would also jump to get us to apply. I have to say 110,000 points is a lot!
Have a great weekend everyone and travel safe both pre game and post game and remember an Uber or Lyft home is a better choice if you have celebrated the winning team a bit too much! – René
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.