The US Mint is releasing is a limited edition American Eagle Four-Coin Set — and PFS Buyers Club is offering $200.05 commissions for each set sold to them.
The sale starts this Thursday, July 29, at 12:00 PM EDT/9:00 AM PDT. PFS Buyers Club guestimates the cost will be $4,962.50 or $5,050, plus a $4.95 shipping charge. Exact prices will be announced tomorrow.
There’s a limit of one coin per household. (Read: per address. For example, I have a business address and a home address…)
The US Mint accepts credit cards — making this is a fantastic way to earn a bunch of points while scoring a nice commission. I’d recommend staying away from American Express cards for something like this though. Precious metal purchases allegedly get smacked with cash advance fees and don’t receive any points.
From personal experience: I’ve never had any problems paying with Chase cards. So I’ll likely use an Unlimted card on Thursday. If the coin is priced at $5,050, that’s 7575 Ultimate Rewards points — plus the $200 commission when I get paid.
A Couple of Things to Know
If you’ve never done a coin deal before, it generally goes like this:
- Sign up for PFS
- Opt-in to the deal
- These coins sell out in a hurry. Usually within a few minutes. So you’re not guaranteed anything. If you are lucky enough to buy a coin, you’ll send PFS your order number and email address so they can verify the order
- Once the coin arrives, do not open the package which was mailed to you. (Items can’t be appraised if seals are broken. Don’t ask me how I know.)
- You’ll tell PFS that the package is there. They’ll email you a prepaid FedEx label.
- Drop off the item at a FedEx location.
- Wait for your commission and enjoy!
FedEx lost one of my coin shipments last time. PFS paid me the full bounty, as the package was insured.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.