There’s a new co-branded credit card on the block: the United Quest Card from Chase.
The card carries a $250 annual fee — at least half of which is fairly easily recouped through annual statement credits and MileagePlus points deposits. Plus, spending on the card can earn elite status points.
Quick aside: doesn’t the Quest’s design at least slightly similar to the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card‘s?
United Quest Card Bonus Categories
Cardholders can rack up points through a combination of United Airlines purchases, general travel purchases, and everyday spending.
Here’s how it breaks down:
- 3X on United Airlines purchases
- 2X on select streaming services
- 2X at restaurants
- 2X miles on all other travel
- 1X mile on all other purchases
Cardholders earn 500 Premier Qualifying Points (PQP) for each $12,000 spent on the card each year (up to 3,000 PQP).
United Quest Card Anniversary Year Perks
The United Quest Card from Chase gives members a couple of perks starting the second year:
- $125 in United purchase statement credits
- 5,000-point rebate after taking a United or United Express-operated award flight booked with miles. The benefit can be used twice a year. So there’s a possibility of 10,000 points back annually.
United Quest Card Travel Benefits
Like United’s other credit cards, this is pretty impressive with travel benefits:
- Free first and second checked bags on United trips (a potential savings of $320 per roundtrip)
- Up to $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre√ application fee
- 25% statement credit for purchases made onboard United flights (drinks, etc)
- No foreign transaction fees
There are no lounge benefits with the card. If that’s your thing, look into the United Club Infinite Card or United Explorer Card. (But the $120 statement credit might count toward United Club admission fees).
The United Quest Card from Chase offers some nice travel perks for regular United Airlines flyers. Plus, it awards some fairly common, everyday spending. The $250 annual fee may be a bit steep for some people — but keep in mind the statement credits and free checked bags can go a long way toward offsetting those costs.
To see the rates and fees for the American Express cards featured above, please visit the following links:
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (See Rates and Fees)
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.