If you’re in Phoenix — or can position there, which we’ll discuss in a minute — here’s JFK run scoring you 6,502 MQM for well under $300.
It departs Tuesday evening, December 10 around 5:19 PM and first takes you to LAX. You’ll have three hours there — plenty of time to lounge hop between the T2 SkyClub, T3 SkyClub, and the T3 SkyClub Annex. (Keep in mind the shuttle bus ride between the terminals can take up to 20 minutes, depending on your wait.)
From there, you have an overnight flight to JFK, arriving at 5:17 AM. You have 90-ish minutes to enjoy the T4 SkyClub before your 7:00 AM hop to Seattle. Spend an hour in Seattle before your flight to Phoenix, which arrives at 3:15 PM.
All flights are in the Main Cabin and upgrade eligible. (LAX to JFK might be a good use of an RU, so you can sleep in Delta One during the overnight flight.)
- Date: Tuesday, December 9 – Wednesday, December 10
- Route: PHX-LAX-JFK-SEA-PHX
- Cost: $278.40
- MQM: 6,502 (4.3 cpm)
- MQD: $222
It’s a little difficult to find, so try this Google Flights link.
A Great Opportunity for Non-Phoenix Flyers
Because the run doesn’t start until around 5:00 PM and ends mid-afternoon the following day, this gives Delta travelers from other cities plenty of time to position to/from PHX.
If you’re in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, or California, you can likely find a decent Southwest deal if there’s nothing good available on Delta.
If you live somewhere in the Midwest or East Coast and can’t find a redeye home Wednesday night from PHX, consider hopping to LAX, LAS, or SFO. They have several late-night options.
Request a Run?
I’m getting plenty of mileage run requests for different origins, destinations, airlines, MQD needs, and MQM needs. I love finding what I can — but the mileage run ninjas at Juicy Miles do this full time and specialize in whatever run you need with your preferred airline. Get in touch with them and see what they can whip up for you!
Paying for the Trip
Remember to use a credit card that gives you bonus points on your travel purchases!
- 5X on The Platinum Card® from American Express (<– LINK) when using your card to purchase airfare directly from airlines
- 3X with the Chase Sapphire Reserve (<– LINK)– which also comes with an annual $300 travel credit
- 3X on the Chase Ink Business Preferred Card (<– LINK) (3X on the first $150,000 combined spend in categories — such as travel — each anniversary year)
- 3X with the American Express® Gold Card (<– LINK) when using your card to purchase airfare directly from airlines
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Boost your Delta MQMs with the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (<– LINK) or Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card (<– LINK)
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
- Relax in an airport lounge during your mileage run with one of these cards!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.