Check out this great deal for a long weekend getaway: New York JFK to Madrid for well under $400 on Delta and KLM!
This is a main cabin fare (Basic Economy is still available, if you prefer) for $351.23. That’s a heck of a great deal to visit such an amazing city worth seeing. And if you haven’t yet had one of the Delta Platinum or Gold Amexes, their current 50% cash back promotion could make your airfare free or majorly discounted!
I saw only one weekend available: November 14-18.
But there are plenty of available flights across SkyTeam. You can probably find an itinerary that works with your personal schedule.
Depart late afternoon on Thursday, November 14. JFK to AMS is on Delta mainline metal. Connect through Amsterdam early Friday morning, when you’ll board a KLM flight to Madrid.
The return takes the reverse route.
Leave Monday morning, November 18, departing Madrid at 11:00 AM on KLM. Connect through AMS (only 55 minutes, so hurry). Then onto Delta metal for a 5:30 PM return to JFK.
Here are the numbers:
- Total cost, including taxes and fees: $351.23
- MQM: 9104
- MQD: 237
- CPM: 3.9
Bookable on Delta.com.
**RELATED POST: The Westin Palace – Madrid, Spain Starwood Category 5 – a Review by Noah Mark**
Make it a Free (or Heavily Discounted) Mileage Run!
Remember the 50% cashback specials for new Delta American Express cardholders who sign up before August 15? This is a great way to knock out eligible spend on the new Delta Amex welcome offers.
- 50% cashback on eligible Delta purchases, up to $500 back in statement credits (so, basically, spend up to $1000, receive $500 back) for the:
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express (learn more)
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card (learn more)
- Plus, the Gold flavor also offers 50% cashback on eligible Delta purchases, up to $300 back in statement credits (spend up to $600, receive $500 back) for the:
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card (learn more)
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card (learn more)
Want help creating a mileage run (or using points to create a dream vacation)? Get in touch with our friend Adam!
- Don’t miss a single run. Subscribe HERE: www.RenesPoints.com/RunMail
- Need to learn how to find a run? See THIS Rookie post for how-to guide!
- Want a custom built run from your home airport? You can find one here.
H/T: Airfare Watchdog
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
I just booked FLL-ATL-LAX-PVG-FLL in November for $604, or in my case 60,400 Amex points and because I have a non DL Plat biz Amex I get 35% points back, so it nets down to 39,260 Amex points. Could have also done Delta PWM for all 60,000 points and $4 in cash. Should be 17,321 MQMs . At the cash price of $604 comes down to $.035 per mqm. If I value the Amex points at $392.60 the MQMs are at $.0227 each.
Decided to make a mini vacation out of it and am leaving on a Thursday and coming back Monday. Full Service Marriott 11 miles from Airport for about $90 a night after conversion or, since it is a cat 2, 12,500 a night. Went for the $90 a night, and hopefully Marriott will still be doing the double night credit and I will get 8 nights of credit. They have a free shuttle to Shanghai Disney Land and I think a ticket comes out to $68. Cheaper than I can get a ticket for Disney World in Orlando as a Florida resident.
Hopefully will have a good time….