- An Alaska Delta Elite Mileage Run: Planning, positioning, hotels and costs
- An Alaska Delta Elite Mileage Run: The IHG Crowne Plaza LAX
- An Alaska Delta Elite Mileage Run: Amazing views flying to Alaska ANC
- An Alaska Delta Elite Mileage Run: The Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum
- An Alaska Delta Elite Mileage Run: The ANC Alaska Board Room
- An Alaska Delta Elite Mileage Run: The IHG InterContinental Los Angeles
- An Alaska Delta Elite Mileage Run: Final thoughts & was it worth taking?
The point of this run, or any Elite Mileage Run, was MQMs, not the views, but my oh my were the views breathtaking from my window seat on this old Delta 757.
Who needs working (or even installed) IFE when you can simply look out the window and see the most amazing views imaginable.
I have always wanted to visit Alaska and this run was not nearly long enough and I must go back. For now, just click on any of the shots to start a full screen slide show of all of the photos in the post!
Above you see the Anchorage airport including, if you look closely, the float plane airport next door. The shot below is after passing by and swinging in for an approach from the left end of the photo above. I just love the mountains in the background. What an stunning approach from the cockpit it must be!
I will leave you with one more wing shot as breathtaking as the first with a Delta wing to enjoy (oh and what is under the wing as well)!
Also, for more amazing wing shots, please be sure and take the time to check out the photos from the Rust’s float plane I took on another visit weeks before to ANC! – René
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.