We all have our own wish lists. I mean, one of my biggest ones is that they actually build my Elio that I have put a deposit down on (I am so far down the list I bet it will be 2 years before I get mine, but still)! I have my frequent flying travel wish list like getting to one day go back and spend yet another full day in the Lufthansa 1st class terminal in FRA (gosh that is nice)!
But what about a Delta wish list? Oh sure, you are saying in your head right now things like, FIX the award page and a bunch more (I would be saying the same thing so don’t feel bad)! But truly there are a bunch of minor-ish things Delta could, if they wanted to, fix that would be HUGE for us on a day to day basis as Delta flyers. Plus ones that should not cost them an arm and a leg considering it is all about the $$$ nowadays! Take a look at my list and feel free to comment on your wish list – just please keep it “real” that is, things you know Delta really could fix if they want to. Here we go:
1) Display Delta e-Gifts in “My Delta” – How hard can this be? Truly. I don’t know about you but whenever I buy a Delta e-Gift I go ahead and both print a paper copy and I save it digitally because it sure does not show up in My Delta on Delta.com. One would think it would not be all that hard when you get one to either automatically, or at least manually, allow this to be added so we don’t have to keep track of them.
2) Alerts on seat changes – This maybe should be my number one on the list as there are few things that make me more crazy than seeing my “perfect” seat go away due to whatever that Delta does. I mean if they can alert me about Hertz promotions surely they can alert me when they move me on a jet days or weeks before flight?
3) Alerts on schedule changes – This is one of those sometimes you get an alert sometimes you don’t. Since they clearly have the capacity to sometimes alert you/me why not make it a consistent thing and a right away thing so we can know! This just matters so much and for those of us who know, it opens up the outstanding chance to adjust our flights with the mighty schedule change rule!
4) MQD credit for extra spend – There are so many things we can, well not me, but we can pay for that does go to Delta and IMO should and could count toward MQD spend. This may not seem like that big of a deal but it really is when some flyers are just on the edge of perhaps making that next medallion level of MQD spend. C’mon Delta you are getting our money give us credit at least – too much to ask?
5) Rollover MQSs – I have to say I have HUGE respect (even if I do not say it enough) for you medallions who earn your status on segments. You guys/gals are amazing. Now Delta appreciates us mileage flyers and even will make NO changes to the way we earn MQMs next year so why not show some “segment love” and allow some rollover MQSs?
6) Rollover MQD spend – Here is another one that just, to me, is a clear as day “enhancement”. I mean if you happen to spend say $25,000 on net Delta tickets should they not show some appreciation for that and allow the money over $12.500 to rollover into next year. After all, the cursed #Skymiles2015 is all about showing appreciation for those who spend the most – or is it?
7) Rollover AMEX exempt spend – Clearly this one would be amazing for me and many others. I did not put it top on my list even though to me personally it would be #1. I mean many of us run $60, $70, $80,000+ on Delta AMEX cards and it would be so sweet to rollover the spend above the $25,000 level. I mean, does Delta appreciate AMEX partner spend or not?
8) GoGo yearly pass as a Choice Benefit – This one is maybe just a tiny bit outside the “rules” I opened up with. I mean if you look at most of the Choice Benefits that Delta offers they don’t cost the company “real” money outlay, that is things like upgrade certs could possibly cost the loss of a sold 1st class seat but it is just as likely just to take away a free medallion upgrade. Either way, having the option to get a year of free GoGo as a choice would be an amazing perk!
9) Change Skybonus points to never expire – How hard would this be? I mean points that expire every 3 years even when you earn more miles! GRRRRRRR!!! I mean it is BAD when you are no better than the SAS award program EuroBonus. Truly. How hard or how much would it cost you, Delta, to make it so that AT LEAST activity resets the point expiration clock!
10) You tell me! – I think that says it all. I truly could go on all day long with this but this blog is not all about me so your turn to fill in 10, 11 & so on in the comments below on the blog (please don’t e-mail as I enjoy your thoughts but others will miss out)!
So there you are. I truly think this “wish list” is not all that unreasonable my beloved Delta – I know you all read the blog each day so please print / copy / forward this e-mail to someone who can make any of this happen! – René
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.