You have a decent opportunity right now if you’re looking for a nice jolt of 100,000 bonus points that you can redeem on a bunch of partner airlines.
Chase and Air Canada’s Aeroplan® Credit Card currently features a 100,000 bonus point offer:
- First, earn 75,000 points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three (3) months of being approved for card membership.
- Then, earn an additional 25,000 points after you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months.
The Aeroplan® Credit Card previously offered 50,000 bonus points.
Now, The $20,000 total spend is definitely a chunk of change. But you have a full year to spend that amount. Remember that you can still get 75,000 bonus points for spending $4,000 — that’s still better than the previous 50k offer.
You can squeeze out even more bonus points because the card features this perk: you can earn 500 bonus points for every $2,000 you spend on the card during a calendar month. That’s valid for up to 1,500 points per month. So, if you knock out the $4,000 during a month, that’s an extra 1,000 points — on top of what you earn on your organic spend.
Aeroplan has about four dozen partners, such as Emirates, Lufthansa, Etihad, and Singapore. That’s a big draw for me. Plus, Aeroplan is a Chase Ultimate Rewards® and Capital One Travel transfer partner.
The card carries a $95 annual fee and is used by Chase — which means it’s subject to the 5/24 rule.
- 3X points for each eligible dollar spent at grocery stores
- 3X on dining at restaurants
- 3X with Air Canada directly
- 1X on all other eligible purchases
- Plus, you’ll receive 500 bonus points for every $2,000 you spend in a calendar month – up to 1,500 points per month.
- The primary cardmember and up to eight companions on the same confirmation number enjoy their first checked bag for free. (Bags must be 50 pounds or lighter.)
- Up to $100 in statement every four years as reimbursement for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® or NEXUS application fees.
- Occasional preferred pricing on award flights.
The Aeroplan® Credit Card features a 100,000 bonus point offer: you can earn 75,000 points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three (3) months of being approved for card membership. Plus, earn additional 25,000 points after you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months. The $20,000 is steep for some and might not be worth it. But for folks with the ways and means and who need some Aeroplan points, this could be a great opportunity.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.