Want to say “aloha” to a Delta Amex Offer that may save you some money on an upcoming trip to Hawaii?
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Cardholders who manually enroll in the offer may earn a one-time $150 statement credit after spending at least $500 across one or more eligible roundtrip flight purchases to:
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Kahului (OGG)
- Kona (KOA)
- Lihue (LIH)
But here’s the catch: the trip(s) must depart from either Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) or Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA). So, if you live in one of those areas or can get yourself to them, the deal might be worth it. (It might help with a mileage-status run. It would likely have to be an incredible First Class fare.) I’m punching in some numbers right now but no luck yet.
Oh, there’s another stipulation: “Eligible flights must be booked as non-stop, round trip (no connections) in order to qualify.”
The purchase must be made directly with Delta Air Lines via:
- Delta.com (US)
- Fly Delta (US)
- Delta reservation telephone line (US)
The offer expires on May 31, 2023. My only targeted cards were my co-branded Delta SkyMiles American Express products.
Also worth mentioning:
- “Changes made to the flight reservation after initial purchase may disqualify you from the offer.”
- So, I wouldn’t book an eligible trip and then cancel it for a Delta eCredit. The statement credit might be clawed back.
- “Cabin class or fare upgrades must be booked at the time of the initial purchase in order to qualify.”
- Erm, something tells me that Delta will still accept your money after the purchase and you’ll be OK.
And there are some exclusions, of course:
- flights partially paid for with gift cards or vouchers,
- purchases in-person at the airport where Delta is not the merchant of record, lounges, and sales offices,
- all purchases on-board flights including food, beverage, and WiFi (even though WiFi is free, I know)
- standalone hotel bookings and car rentals through delta.com
- purchases through third parties or affiliated agents,
- Delta Vacations®, Delta Dive, Delta Cargo, On Demand Charter services, Delta Flight Museum, SkyMiles® Marketplace purchases, SkyMiles Experiences™, SkyMiles Cruises, Delta Meeting Network
- travel insurance/trip protection, gift card purchases, and charitable donations
- Multi-City and one way flights with the same origin/destination requirements
Long story short: book a Delta roundtrip from LAX or SEA to one of those four Hawaiian destinations. Make sure the flights are direct — no connections. Purchase the ticket directly from Delta. Then enjoy your trip!
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.