The IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card‘s welcome offer is now more lucrative! For a few months, it’s offered 140,000 bonus IHG One Rewards points after spending $3,000 within three (3) months of being approved for the card.
But now, IHG is adding a free night award redeemable at properties valued at 40,000 points or fewer once a new cardholder crossed the $3,000 minimum spending requirement.
That essentially pumps the card’s welcome offer to a potential value of 180,000 points. And that doesn’t even take into account the points one earns while spending the three grand.
As far as I can remember, this is the biggest bonus ever we’ve seen on the IHG Premier card.
Keep in mind cardholders receive a free night certificate each year they hold the card, starting the second year of membership. That free night is also redeemable at properties valued at up to 40,000 points. That plus the Fourth-Night-Free perk are two reasons I hold the IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card. (Redeem points for stays of three consecutive nights and you can tack on a fourth night for free.)
- First, cardholders can earn up to 26 points per dollar charged to the card during stays at IHG properties.
- Next, there’s a new bonus category: travel purchases. Those earn 5X per dollar. (That doesn’t stack with the 26X on IHG stays.)
- Gas station and restaurant purchases earn 5X.
- All other purchases earn 3X.
- Annual Anniversary Night: Starting the second year of card membership, you earn a certificate redeemable toward a complimentary night at any IHG property valued at 40,000 points or fewer.
- IHG Rewards Platinum Elite Status: Cardholders automatically receive complimentary Platinum Elite status in the IHG Rewards program. Benefits include:
- Room upgrades (when available)
- Priority check-in
- Complimentary internet
- Welcome amenity (usually a drink in the bar or bonus points)
- $30 In-room spa credit (when available)
- Fourth Night Free: Redeem points for stays of three consecutive nights and stay a fourth night for free. This is a fantastic perk of the IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card. Using it once or twice a year easily offsets the annual fee.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Application Fee Credit: Charge someone’s application fee to the card once every four years and it’ll be credited back to your statement.
- $99 annual fee.
- Learn here how to apply for the IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card.
There is some fine print of which you should be aware. The offer’s terms dictate, “This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any personal IHG® Rewards Credit Card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any personal IHG® Rewards Credit Card who received a new cardmember bonus for any personal IHG® Rewards Credit Card within the last 24 months.”
The IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card‘s welcome offer is now 140,000 bonus IHG One Rewards points and a free night award redeemable at properties valued at 40,000 points (or fewer) after spending $3,000 within three months of being approved for the card. I believe this is the card’s biggest ever welcome promotion. If you haven’t yet held the card, now’s a great time to consider getting it.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.