The Platinum Card® from American Express is offering an insane 10X Membership Rewards points on worldwide dining purchases for new cardholders approved during the current promotion! And it could be especially helpful for the upcoming holiday season.
Amex Platinum Card Welcome Offer
Cardmembers may earn 100,000 bonus American Express Membership Rewards points after spending $6,000 in eligible purchases within six months of being approved.
They also earn 10X Membership Rewards points on worldwide dining and Shop Small purchases during the first six months of card membership approval. A maximum of $25,000 in combined spending applies. So if you spend a lot of money on dining and at Shop Small merchants, you can earn up to 350,000 Membership Rewards points within six months. ($25,000 at 10X = 250,000. Then add that to the 100,000 welcome bonus.)
Why This May Matter for the Holidays
There’s the potential to spend a chunk of change during the upcoming holiday season. Many of us may reunite with families and friends this upcoming holiday season. So that means meeting up for meals and drinks at restaurants and other establishments.
I also know some people who order in their big holiday meals. (i.e., Thanksgiving turkey from a restaurant, desserts from delis, etc.)
Use the Numerous Statement Credit Opportunities Before Year’s End!
Keep in mind The Platinum Card® from American Express offers a host of annual statement credit opportunities:
- Up to $200 in Fine Hotels & Resorts and The Hotel Collection bookings made through Amex Travel.
- Up to $200 in Uber Cash deposits. (If you hurry, you can get up to $70 worth. Enrollment required)
- Up to $170 in CLEAR membership dues
- Up to $200 in airline incidental credits (Enrollment required.)
- Up to $100 in statement credit at Saks Fifth Avenue (Enrollment required. You’d be eligible to receive $50 at this point)
- $20 a month for purchases made with Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times.
- $25 a month for monthly Equinox All Access, Destination, E by Equinox, or Equinox+ membership fees. (Enrollment required.)
- $12.95 plus tax each month for Walmart+ memberships
- $300 for SoulCycle At-Home Bike purchases (up to 15X a calendar year).
All of those reset on January 1, 2022. Then you can spend them again!
Don’t forget the card also offers up to $100 for Global Entry or TSA Pre√ application fees every four-ish years.
Other Amex Platinum Card Features
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. (Perk capped at $500,000 in airline and AmexTravel.com purchases each calendar year.)
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Complimentary gold status with two hotel brands: Marriott and Hilton. (Enrollment required.)
- Receive complimentary Delta Sky Club admission when flying Delta Air Lines.
- Enjoy complimentary admission Centurion Lounge airport club access for you and up to two guests.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide.
- Amex gives you free Priority Pass Select membership — good for admission at participating airport lounges worldwide. You and up to two guests can enjoy this great perk! (Enrollment required.)
The Platinum Card® from American Express is offering 10X Membership Rewards points on worldwide dining and Shop Small purchases during the first six months of card membership approval. (A maximum of $25,000 in combined spending applies.) Plus, 100,000 bonus American Express Membership Rewards points after spending $6,000 in eligible purchases within six months of being approved. Consider how much time and money you spend at restaurants (or dining in) during the upcoming holiday season — and this offer could really be beneficial to you.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.