One of the best deals going is the 100k Citi AA card (not my link at bottom of page). I have one, Lisa has one & just about anyone who has heard of the deal has one. After spending a hefty $10,000 you end up with 110,000 points and they credit you back $200 of the $450 first year fee so you are net buying the points for $250 or .0023 cents each. That is a VERY good price.
The other EQUALLY good deal right now is the US Air Mastercard that gives you 40,000 points after your first purchase and paying the non waived annual fee of $89. Thus, if you buy a 10 cent gum ball on the card let’s say, you are buying these points for just .0022 cents each or basically the same price per point as the Citi card deal.
Bottom line is this; for $339 in annual fees you are able to, after minimum spend requirements on the two cards, get 150,000 points that will all be American Airlines Advantage points very soon. That is really frequent flyer value! – Rene
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee*
- First checked bag free on eligible bags for you and up to four companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
- One companion certificate good for up to 2 guests to travel with you on a US Airways operated flight at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- Priority boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
- Redeem miles for award travel on US Airways and American Airlines booked through usairways.com or US Airways Reservations
- Earn miles on every purchase with 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases and 1 mile for every $1 on purchases everywhere else
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.